- ToolsThe Treatments and Brief Interventions for Suicide-Specific Care lists and describes evidence-based suicide specific treatments and evidence-based suicide-specific brief interventions.
- ToolsThe Zero Suicide Inpatient Work Plan Template for should be used by an implementation team after completing the Zero Suicide Inpatient Organizational Self-Study.
- Patients admitted into a hospital or clinic for at least one overnight stay are often experiencing a period of high risk for suicidal ideation.
The Seattle Children's Hospital created a Zero Suicide Initiative Pathway for use with children and youth presenting for care to allow for standardized processes for suicide risk screening and assessment for triage to resources across the organization. Included are versions for use in the
- ToolsBest Practices in Care Transitions for Individuals with Suicide Risk: Inpatient Care to Outpatient Care
To help close these gaps that put individuals at increased risk for suicide after a psychiatric hospitalization, the Action Alliance (Care Transitions Advisory Group) developed
The Joint Commission released a revision of National Patient Safety Goal 15.01.01 in May 2019 with seven new and revised elements of performance applicable to all Joint Commission-accredited hospitals and behavioral health care organizations effective July 1, 2019.
The Inpatient Organizational Self-Study is designed for organizations with a primary focus on inpatient health and behavioral health care settings.
- ReadingsThe Return on Investment of Postdischarge Follow-Up Calls for Suicidal Ideation or Deliberate Self-Harm
Abstract: Providing follow-up calls to patients after they leave the hospital is not only good clinical practice, but it can help with the bottom line.
Universal Health Services, Inc., Behavioral Health Division has shared a detailed suicide care management plan template for inpatient hospital settings.
NowMattersNow.org has created a template for Caring Contacts that includes a printable card redirecting recipients to the resources on their website—made for and by those with lived experience.